With a continually increasing number of credit card breaches and identity theft claims each month, it’s imperative to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself this holiday season. Since the holidays are one of the busiest shopping seasons of the year, taking that extra step to ensure that your identity remains intact is truly worth it. Don’t start the new year with the hassle of authenticating your own identity, as well as your own purchases. This is an arduous process that can become quite stressful, and quite time-consuming. Let NeoCertified help prevent this from happening!
These five steps can help ensure that your information remains secure:
1. Monitor all credit card and bank accounts … Make sure to keep a close eye on your credit card purchases and your bank accounts, as the recent burgeoning trends in credit card fraud continue.
2. Verify the authenticity of the application / connection … Always verify that you are using an official application provided by that company, and that you’re making purchases only from secure internet connections.
3. Be wary of unknown emails … If you don’t recognize the source of the email, don’t trust opening any of its contents.
4. Use familiar websites / applications … Use only familiar mobile applications and SSL-encrypted websites (the lock emblem can be found next to the URL) when making online purchases from both your computer or mobile device.
5. Send personal information only through a secure email solution … Never send your personal information via an unprotected, standard email provider. Always send private information, including credit card information, account numbers, and identification numbers through a secure email solution like NeoCertified.
Just remember to make sure that you are always cautious about where you are making online purchases and that you’re constantly keeping a close watch on your accounts!
Happy Holidays from NeoCertified!
Written by Samuel Lang
NeoCertified – Content Manager