HIPAA Compliant Email
NeoCertified’s HIPAA Compliant email solutions will encrypt all healthcare-related information. We offer HIPAA Compliant email solutions to small, medium, & large-sized organizations. We provide the BAA (Business Associates Agreement) free of charge!
HIPAA Compliant Email Requirements
There are five (5) specific HIPAA requirements as related to email. (Click here to review the actual HIPAA Security Rule)
1. Access Controls: A covered entity must implement technical policies and procedures limiting access to systems containing electronic protected health information (ePHI) only to personnel with sufficient access rights. (164.312 (a)) The Access Controls specifications include:
2. Audit Controls: A covered entity must implement software that record and examine activity in information systems that contain or use ePHI. (164.312 (b))
+ Having unique user identification.
+ Having an emergency access procedure
+ Having an automatic logoff process
+ Having encryption & decryption process
3. Integrity: A covered entity must implement policies & procedures to protect ePHI from improper alteration or destruction. (164.312 (c)). This includes having a mechanism to authenticate ePHI.
4. Person or Entity Authentication: A covered entity must implement procedures to verify a person or entity accessing ePHI is the one claimed. (164.32 (d))
5. Transmission Security: A covered entity must implement technical measures to guard against unauthorized access to ePHI that is being transmitted over an electronic communications network (164.312 (e)). This includes having integrity controls & encryption.
HIPAA Compliant Email Violation Examples
- The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research agreed to the HIPAA penalty of $3.9 million for multiple HIPAA violations … Learn More
- North Memorial Health Care agreed to a penalty of $1.55 million for multiple HIPAA violations after “failing to implement a business associate agreement with a major contractor and failing to institute an organization-wide risk analysis to address risks and vulnerabilities to its patient information” … Learn More
- Complete P.T., Pool & Land Physical Therapy, Inc. has agreed to a settlement penalty of $25,000 plus the adoption and implementation of corrective action plans for failing to safeguard protected health information (PHI) … Learn More
- The University of Washington Medicine failed to “implement policies and procedures to prevent, detect, contain, and correct security violations”, which has resulted in a $750,00 HIPAA settlement penalty, including a corrective action plan … Learn More
HIPAA Compliant Email
You can send your HIPAA-sensitive messages and HIPAA-related documents securely from our Secure Portal or with our Gmail & Outlook-integrated buttons in seconds!
We make it easy to log in, compose, send, and receive secure HIPAA compliant emails from any mobile device — including all tablets, laptops, and phones.
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team works around the clock to make sure our secure HIPAA Compliant Email solutions work seamlessly for your business and your clients.
HIPAA Compliant Email Solutions: A History
HIPAA is an acronym that stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It was passed by the 104th United States Congress and signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996. This act has strict legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding personal medical information. NeoCertfied has introduced its own HIPAA compliant solution to help you avoid HIPAA’s large violation penalties and fines.
To protect your patients’ personal data and confidential medical records, our secure email solution software encrypts sensitive medical records so that they may be contained and sent via email for added digital security against data leaks. Not only will our HIPAA compliant solution protect you from violations, but it will also place an air of confidence in your professional communication network.
We offer HIPAA compliant email solutions that work with any email address
Secure Email Solutions HIPAA
Send HIPAA Compliant Emails Without Ever Needing To Change Your Email Address… It’s That Simple!
We comply with a variety of federal regulations, including HIPAA/HITECH, and assure that all data containing healthcare-related information or electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) will be protected both in storage and in transit. We also support Edge, Gmail/Chrome, & Microsoft Outlook applications so that you can send and receive HIPAA compliant email messages securely from a number of different platforms. It really is as easy as the “click of a button”.
HIPAA covered entities, including healthcare plans, clearinghouses, and providers who transmit, store, and access electronic Protected Health Information (or ePHI), and any of their subcontractors, must comply with HIPAA regulations.
All HIPAA-covered entities, including subcontractors, are required to sign a BAA.
Here at NeoCertified, we’re happy to provide a Business Associate Agreement for our clients.