HIPAA Requirements For Email
There are five (5) specific HIPAA requirements as related to email. (Click here to review the actual HIPAA Security Rule)
- Access Controls: A covered entity must implement technical policies and procedures limiting access to systems containing electronic protected health information (ePHI) only to personnel with sufficient access rights. (164.312 (a)) The Access Controls specifications include:
- Audit Controls: A covered entity must implement software that record and examine activity in information systems that contain or use ePHI. (164.312 (b))
- Having Unique User Identification.
- Having an Emergency Access Procedure.
- Having Automatic Logoff Process
- Having Encryption and Decryption Process
- Integrity: A covered entity must implement policies and procedures to protect ePHI from improper alteration or destruction. (164.312 (c)). This includes having a mechanism to authenticate ePHI.
- Person or Entity Authentication: A covered entity must implement procedures to verify a person or entity accessing ePHI is the one claimed. (164.32 (d))
- Transmission Security: A covered entity must implement technical measures to guard against unauthorized access to ePHI that is being transmitted over an electronic communications network (164.312 (e)). This includes having integrity controls and encryption.
HIPAA Violations Examples
- The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research agreed to the HIPAA penalty of $3.9 million for multiple HIPAA violations … Learn More
- North Memorial Health Care agreed to a penalty of $1.55 million for multiple HIPAA violations after “failing to implement a business associate agreement with a major contractor and failing to institute an organization-wide risk analysis to address risks and vulnerabilities to its patient information” … Learn More
- Complete P.T., Pool & Land Physical Therapy, Inc. has agreed to a settlement penalty of $25,000 plus the adoption and implementation of corrective action plans for failing to safeguard protected health information (PHI) … Learn More
- The University of Washington Medicine failed to “implement policies and procedures to prevent, detect, contain, and correct security violations”, which has resulted in a $750,00 HIPAA settlement penalty, including a corrective action plan … Learn More
How Does Neocertified’s HIPaa compliant email work
The HIPAA Compliant Email Solution
You Have Been Looking For
HIPAA Compliant Email
You can send your HIPAA-sensitive messages and HIPAA-related documents securely from our Secure Portal or with our Gmail & Outlook-integrated buttons in seconds!
We make it easy to log in, compose, send, and receive secure HIPAA compliant emails from any mobile device — including all tablets, laptops, and phones. Our app is available free!
24/7 Customer Support
Our customer support team works around the clock to make sure our secure HIPAA Compliant Email solutions work seamlessly for your business and your clients.
HIPAA Compliant Email Solution: A History
HIPAA is an acronym that stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. This act has strict legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding personal medical information. Due to the strict guidelines that HIPAA requires, many people use a HIPAA compliant email solution and other secure data storing software to keep their medical records protected at all times. NeoCertfied has introduced its own HIPAA compliant email solution to help you avoid HIPAA’s large violation penalties and fines.
To protect your patients’ personal data and confidential medical records, our secure HIPAA compliant email solution software encrypts sensitive medical records so that they may be contained and sent via email for added digital security against data leaks. Not only will our HIPAA compliant email solution protect you from violations but having secure email lends an air of confidence in your professional communication network providing your clients, customers, and business partners with an email network that is safe and secure.
We offer a hipaa compliant email solution that works with any email address
Send HIPAA Compliant Emails Without Ever Needing To Change Your Email Address… It’s That Simple!
We comply with a variety of federal regulations, including HIPAA/HITECH, and assure that all data containing healthcare-related information or electronic Protect Health Information (ePHI) will be protected both in storage and in transit. We also support Edge, Gmail/Chrome & Microsoft Outlook applications, so that you can send and receive HIPAA compliant email messages securely from a number of different platforms. It really is as easy as the “click of a button”.
What ELSE IS included?
Included HIPAA Compliant Email Features:
- You’ll be able to send & receive unlimited HIPAA compliant emails from our solution within minutes of signing up.
- You’ll have full access to our 24/7 customer support, iPhone + Android mobile apps, Google and Outlook integrations!
Free HIPAA BAA
- All companies sending healthcare-related emails are required to have a HIPAA BAA in place.
- Receive a Business Associates Agreement FREE for HIPAA email compliance
- Also complies with FINRA / FERPA / SEC / HITECH & more!
- Choose from our seamless Outlook or Gmail buttons to send secure HIPAA compliant emails directly from Outlook or Gmail with the click of a button.
- Or send secure, HIPAA compliant emails directly from our secure web portal or iPhone + Android apps.
All HIPAA covered entities, including healthcare plans, clearinghouses, and providers who transmit, store, and access electronic Protected Health Information (or ePHI), and any of their subcontractors, must comply with HIPAA regulations.
All HIPAA-covered entities, including subcontractors, are required to sign a Business Associate Agreement.
Here at NeoCertified, we’re happy to provide a Business Associate Agreement for our clients.
Learn More About Our HIPAA Compliant Email Solution Service
Protect your company from HIPAA violations with NeoCertified’s HIPAA compliant email solution service. Our HIPAA compliant email solution can be used from our cloud-based portal on any web browser, directly from your mobile device, and from a third-party email platform like Microsoft Outlook, to help your company remain compliant with HIPAA’s strict regulations.
Data breaches and HIPAA violations are now more predominant than ever. Even with the most powerful cybersecurity barricades, hacks and data breaches are still likely to occur. Don’t wait any longer, get your HIPAA compliant email solution application today!